How to Fix Windows Not Activated?
How to Fix Windows Not Activated?
Todays’ topic mainly deals with the issue of Windows not activated. So, let us stick to the topic itself.
Method 1: Fix Windows not Activated
I suggest you disable the window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you try the below-given steps and check if it helps:
- Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
- Select or click Ease of Access.
- Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
- Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was unchecked Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Call 1-888-294-8062 Windows Support
Method 2: Windows 10 not Activated
I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below-given steps.
- Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
- In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
- Right-click on the device and then select “Uninstall”.
- In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
- In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
You do not have to Activate Windows 10
Perhaps one of the little unknown secrets about a Windows 10 installation is that you do not need to use a product key during the process.
Oh, Windows 10 prompts you for it, twice in fact. However, in both cases, you can hit the little ‘Skip for now‘ button and let Windows 10 install. It is tiny, but it is there.
So what happens? Nothing. Windows 10 Home or Pro is installed, and you can use it. There are just two limitations that I have come across:
- Watermark on the lower right-hand corner saying Activate Windows
- You cannot use anything under Personalization e.g. change wallpaper, accent colors, lock screen, themes, etc. All options are there, they are just grayed out and inaccessible
Other than this you have a fully-functional Windows 10 OS. There are no nag prompts either and yes, you get all system updates (at least for the year).
You can enroll in the Windows Insider program. However, this just removes the watermark, but it will not allow you to personalize the computer.
What is amusing is although you cannot personalize the computer, you still can. This trick assumes you have other Windows 10 PCs that are activated, and you use the same Microsoft account on both. If you do, whatever you personalize on the activated PC or Mac syncs over to your non-activated version. This method is how I have a non-default wallpaper on the non-activated device used for this article.
Another trick pointed out in comments, is that you can add new wallpaper. Simply open up the Photos app and hit the ellipsis in the upper right-hand corner. Choose ‘Set as lock screen‘ or ‘Set as background‘ and voila, you have personalized your PC.
It is an odd workaround, but you likely won’t notice the limitations. All of this works on PC or Mac, too. This ability means those with Apple computers can just download and try out Windows 10 without consequence.
However, maybe you do want to change that wallpaper or color. Alternatively, maybe you just feel bad and want to pay for a full-fledged license. Microsoft made this very simple. To buy a license to activate either Windows 10 Home or Pro, do the following:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- Choose Activation
- Select Go to Store
The Windows Store now opens to a product page for either version of Windows 10. You can now buy Home or Pro, and it unlocks and activates your version of Windows 10.
The purchase runs through the Store like any app purchase, and you can just use your Credit Card, PayPal, or whatever payment methods you set up.
Fix Windows not Activated by Activating Windows 10
Microsoft has actually opened up Windows 10. The fact that you can download the ISO and install Windows without a product key on any PC or Mac is neat.
The idea here, of course, is to get the OS into as many hands as possible. This tactic is not much different than Google and Android and giving it away for free (granted, there are patent fees).
Microsoft wants Windows 10 on every computer because it is the Store and its services that are important. This strategy means that Windows 10 can be put everywhere with a tiny drawback. Sure, you have a watermark, and you cannot change the wallpaper, but if you are a Mac user and you want to tinker with Windows 10, there is literally nothing stopping you. It just works.
So, these were the steps and methods for the issues of windows not activated.