How to Remove Activate Windows Watermark?
- Todays’ article is about “How to Remove Activate Windows Watermark from windows 10?“
Use Windows Activation Troubleshooter
Typically, Windows installations are tied to the motherboard of your computer, so if you have recently replaced yours then it’s likely that your copy will think it is installed on a new PC. If you have already connected your Windows product key to your Microsoft account, then using the activation troubleshooter can fix the problem.
Method 1: Clear Watermark manually
- Press the Windows + R key combination to display the Run dialog box
- In the Run dialog box, type regedit and press Enter to launch Registry Editor
- At the Registry Editor interface, you access the Activation section under the path.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft >WindowsNT> CurrentVersion >SoftwareProtectionPlatform> Activation
- With the Activation section you will see a variable named Manual, double-click it and change the default value in Value data from 0 to 1, then click OK.
- Reboot the device is complete, Watermark will disappear forever without the money to buy a license key or use a cracking tool.
Method 2: Ease of Access settings
Another workaround concerns Ease of Access settings. The main idea under this solution is to take away background images. As you might have guessed, the watermark will disappear as well. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the next combination of keys Windows Key + S and choose Control panel from the results shown.
- From the list, choose Ease of Access Center.
- Choose the option: Make the computer easier to see.
- Choose the tick box against the variant: Remove background images (where available) and confirm.
This approach is rather primitive, though it does work. Therefore, if you need to get rid of the Windows watermark as soon as possible, this solution may really come in handy.
Method 3: Standard settings in the OS support center
The first solution is officially available on the Microsoft Support website. It takes just a couple of steps and is ideal if you don’t know your way around computers.
- Type cmd, click Command Prompt, and choose the Run as administrator option.
- Then, you’ll see a black Command Prompt window. There you need to type the following phrase bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF, and without further delay click Enter.
- After that, close the window and reboot the computer.
Windows 10 Watermark Remover:
- Download Windows 10 Watermark Remover
- Run the extract and run the Windows 10 Watermark Remover.exe file, then click the Remove Watermark button at the main interface of the tool.
- The computer will automatically log off and when you enter the Desktop you will see Watermark in the right corner has been removed.
Remove Activate Windows Watermark Permanently
Here another Easiest and permanent solution
- Right click on desktop > display settings
- Go to Notifications & actions
- There you should turn off two options “Show me windows welcome experience…” and “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions…”
- Restart your system, And check there is no more activate Windows watermark.
Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark Permanently using Notepad
- First of all, open Notepad on your Windows 10 computer and type the below-given command on it:
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Now on the Notepad, go to Fileand click on the Save As
- Next on Save Aswindow, change the Save as type to “All Files” and type the File name as bat and then click on Save button to save the file.
- Once the file saved, right-click on the batfile and then select “Run as administrator” option to execute the command.
Now a command prompt will appear for few a second and will be closed itself. Once all these things are done, simply restart your computer and now there will be no “Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows” watermark text on your desktop.
GETTING RID OF THE WATERMARK WITHOUT A PRODUCT KEY
This is not as simple, as you have to either fiddle with some settings or effectively trick Windows into thinking that you’ve already activated it. Here are a few things that you can try.
TURN OFF WINDOWS 10 TIPS
Go for following the below mentioned trick or the steps as it may work for you as well. So, here are the steps:
- Right-click on the Windows menu.
- Click on
- Click on
- Tap on Notifications & actions.
- Click the switch next to Show me the Windows welcome experience…
- Click the switch next to Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
- Restart your computer.
So, these were the steps to remove activate windows watermark from windows 10.