Norton Antivirus for Mac
Norton AntiVirus Tools are developed by Symantec Corporation, provides a complete Anti-Virus suite for PCs, Macs, iOS & Android devices also. Norton Antivirus has more extensive and vocational key for all. Norton Products can protect from an online infection such as threats, malware, viruses, spyware and more. Norton informs you about doubtful content and social media disorder. As accepted by independent labs and my self-testing and assessment that the Norton Suite is very good and simple to use. Norton security tools are compatible with all versions of Mac OS also. Norton informs you about dangerous applications & software before download by its unique technology. Now let us learn how to install Norton antivirus for Mac and which Norton internet security product is best for your Mac OS.
Types of Norton Security Product –
- Norton AntiVirus: This is the primary protection package. It protects from worm, virus, spyware, scams & phishing.
- Norton Internet Security: It protects from worm, virus, spyware, scams & phishing with extra protection characteristics such as protection from spam, software firewall protection and makes safe web surfing (safe web, domestic controls, and unbroken identity).
- Norton 360: It protects from worm, virus, spyware, scams & phishing with extra protection characteristics such as protection from spam, software firewall protection and makes safe web surfing (safe web, domestic controls, and unbroken identity) and attaches a gadget to back up your data. Fix general machines errors, release memory, delete unwanted data and make space in your hard-disk.
Norton Internet Security will work on Mac OS Sierra as long as you have the latest version installed. you can Install given updated version of Norton product, but first, upgrade you Mac OS to Mac OS Sierra.
Compatible versions of Norton Antivirus for Mac OS Sierra.
- Norton Security v7.2.0 or newer.
- Norton AntiVirus v7.2.0 or newer.
- Norton Internet Security v6.5.0 or newer.
- Norton Internet Security v5.10.0 or newer.
If you want to upgrade with Mac OS Sierra, then follow this link “How to Update Mac OS Sierra”.
Norton internet security can be installed on all versions of Mac OS. To install Norton Antivirus follow these instructions.
- To download “Norton Internet Security” click here.
- Click on “Norton Internet Security setup” file,
- Follow given instructions given on “Setup Wizard” to complete an installation.
- After completion of installing updates, click on “Continues”.
- You will get a message “Installation Successful”.
You have to “Restart” your machine to finish the Installation procedure.
After complete installation scans your machine and it will be safe from all virus & spyware infections.
When you are installing a Norton Antivirus for Mac, but not getting success or you get an information that “Incompatible Software: This Norton Product version is not compatible with Mac OS”. Don’t be afraid, I have a solution for it. To solve this error you need to download “RemoveSymantecMacFiles” tool. Then you can install Norton Product on Mac.
Follow these guidelines to download and execute the RemoveSymantacMacFiles tool-
- To download RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip click here.
- Click to execute a RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file which you have downloaded.
- Click to Open RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder.
- Double click to execute RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file,
- Enter your Mac OS X Administrator password and click on ”Return”
(Type password, no character will appear)
- Select any one of given below –
- To delete all Symantec files and folders, enter 1
- To close RemoveSymantecMacFIles ( if you don’t want to remove any file), enter 2
- Click on return
RemoveSymantecMacFiles removes all of the Symantec files.
- Select quit terminal, On the terminal menu,
- Now your Mac OS is ready to install Norton Antivirus on your Mac, So execute Installation Process once again.