How to Fix Epson Printer in Error State?
How to Fix Epson Printer in Error State?
Today’s topic deals with the issue of the Epson printer not printing properly. So, here are the steps when your Epson printer is not printing black:
Follow the steps below to clean the printer rollers.
- Turn off the printer.
- Wet the cleaning pad with water and squeeze it gently to remove any excess water.
- Hold down the ink button and then press and hold the power button. Make sure that the ink and paper lights are flashing and release buttons.
- Load a cleaning sheet, wide edge first.
- Press the paper button. The printer feeds the paper.
- It takes about three minutes for the printer to feed the sheet through the printer. During this time, clean the printer rollers as described in step 6.
- Wipe the printer rollers with the damp cleaning pad. Rotate the printer rollers to ensure that they are thoroughly cleaned.
- If the sheet is ejected before you finish cleaning the rollers, start the cleaning procedure over from step 4.
- Once the sheet is ejected, check it for unwanted marks caused by dirty printer rollers.
- Repeat the entire procedure until the sheet passes through the printer without accumulating any new marks.
- Turn the printer off.
Call 1-888-294-8062 Toll-free
Epson Printer not Printing Black Ink
It is a very common thing that might be your printer doesn’t give you black print. IT may be due to technical glitches with the printer.
Cause of error when Epson printer does not print correctly:
The printer device does not support without a driver so it must be sure that you have installed a driver and it is working excellent. when it comes to the driver installation and download process, it is the most important task to follow accurately and for that, you need to check out the command that helps to check that your printer driver is suitable or not. So driver installation might be a chief cause in the view of fixing this error
Some Important Points To Stick if Epson printer is not printing black:
- First, you should turn off your printer and concurrently unplug the power source and USB cable as well.
- Wait for a while, again plug-in the printer.
- Now you need to print a Quality Diagnostic report on the Print test page.
- You will find an option of the Printer’s display screen.
- Either check your user’s printer user guide manual.
2. Check the volume of ink available in the cartridge.
Even after following the above authentic steps, you unable to fix the issue. In that case, you may check on the printhead of the printer to overcome the difficulty of Epson printer not printing black ink
3. Track Down Your Printhead:
If you found that the switching cartridge is not working, the next step you should perform is to check your printhead.
- Check whether your printhead is clogged or not if it is clogged to remove the settled dust particles from the printhead.
- If you found that the automatic printhead cleaning feature doesn’t work well. Keep running it for the third time or the second time.
- Realign your printer.
Steps to follow if the Epson printer is not printing even after changing the cartridge:
Remove Protective Tape
Most ink cartridges ship with a small strip of protective tape covering the print nozzle. This tape blocks the nozzle to prevent ink from leaking out during storage or shipping. If you don’t remove the tape, the cartridge won’t be able to print. Remove the cartridge from the printer and look for the tape. These seal the cartridge so the ink doesn’t dry out. If you remove the label, the ink can dry out rapidly.
Reset Ink Cartridge Counter
Your printer may not recognize the new ink cartridge, or the ink counter may read it as empty. Many printers have a cartridge reset feature that forces the machine to recognize the cartridge as new. For example, to reset the cartridge in some Epson Stylus models, press and hold the “Cleaning” button or the “Load/Eject” button for three seconds. Lift the clamp securing the cartridge, but don’t remove the cartridge from the printer. Shut the clamp and press “Load/Eject” again.
Run Extended Cleaning Cycle
If your ink cartridge sat in storage for any length of time, the ink may have started to dry out. Running an extended cleaning cycle may correct the problem and help the printer recognize the cartridge. Check your printer for a “Cleaning” button and press it or hold it down for a few seconds. Read the printer’s manual to find out how to run a cleaning cycle on your machine. After running the cleaning cycle, print a test page to determine whether the printer can print again.
Refilled Cartridge Problems
Fix this problem by removing the cartridge and injecting more ink into the sponge through the exit hole. Air bubbles also can get trapped inside the cartridge, blocking ink flow. Allow the cartridge to sit unused for about an hour to give the bubble a chance to dislodge by itself. If the problem persists, remove the cartridge and gently tap it on a table to dislodge the bubble.
To fix your Epson printer not printing issue
The following are a few fixes that have helped many Epson printer users fix their issues.
- Check your printer connection
- Set your printer as default printer
- Update your printer driver
- Check the Print Spooler service
- Clear all print jobs
- Use another program to print your document
- Check the status of your printer
So, these were the fixes regarding the Epson printer not printing black, not printing even after changing the cartridge. And even the solution for printer not printing properly.