How to Fix Discord Not Working or Won’t Launch?
How to Fix Discord Not Working or Won’t Launch?
Today’s topic is based on the working issues of discord. So, first of all, we will focus on the causes of this error like discord not working or discord won’t open. It helps them save storage space on their phones and makes it easier for them to operate or complete their respective tasks.
This doesn’t mean that the other apps are not good options. But with so many facilities, Discord has been able to stand out in the crowd. One of the reasons as to why discord won’t launch in the system is because of corrupt files or data. if a system has lost power or crashed while saving a file, then it signals that there are some corrupt files in the system.
Run Discord as Administrator
If you didn’t run Discord as an administrator, you may encounter the Discord overlay not working issue. Try running your Discord as an administrator to see if this problem persists. Here is how to do it:
- On your desktop, right-click the shortcut of Discord and then select Properties.
- In the pop-up window, navigate to the Compatibility tab. Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator and then click OK.
- On your desktop, double-click the shortcut of Discord to open it.
- Run your game again.
See if this issue reappears. If not, you have fixed this issue.
Add Discord to the whitelist of your third-party antivirus application
If you’re using third-party antivirus application on your PC, you may encounter the Discord overlay not working issue. Your third-party antivirus application may interfere with Discord. So your Discord overlay may not run as expected. You can try adding your Discord to the whitelist of your third-party antivirus application.
Check for Software Interruption
Maybe the Discord overlay not working issue is also triggered by the interruption from other applications running on your PC. Try temporarily disabling them to see if your Discord overlay works or not. If you’re running the programs that have the overlay features, or you’re running the programs which can access to your microphone, they may interfere with your Discord overlay.
Discord Not Loading or Won’t Open
- Press the Windows Key+R and enter cmd.exe, then type in taskkill /F /IM discord.exe and try to launch discord again.
- You might have an individual app or file running in the background that needs to be closed when Discord is being used. Try to minimize the number of files running in the background.
- Sometimes all you need to do is update your app. Make sure you are using an updated version of Discord.
- Try uninstalling Discord. Simply, hold Windows Key & Press R. Now, just type “%appdata%” and hit Enter.
- Locate discord’s folder and delete everything. Reboot your system & re-install the app.
- Go to Task Manager in the desktop menu and open the Process tab. Here, you need to end all the discord.exe processes and relaunch the app.
- Go to C Drive and type the following:
- You can skip all the above processes, and launch discord directly, by navigating to
Here, you can find several versions of the program that you have installed. Inside this route, you will see Discord.exe. Run that and see how your app works.
Discord Images not Loading
As a first step, please try changing your DNS provider! DNS issues are the most common cause for images being broken and other connection troubles, and changing your DNS provider can potentially lead to faster and safer browsing:
- Right-click the icon of the printer you want to use in the [Devices and Printers] window, and then click [Printer properties].
- Under Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, click the icon of the printer you want to use in the [Printers] window.
- Under Windows 8/8.1 and Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, click [Settings] on the Charm Bar, click [Control Panel], then click [View devices and printers] on the [Control Panel] window, right-click the icon of the printer you want to use, and click [Printer Properties].
- Click the [Ports] tab, and then click [Add Port].
- Click [Standard TCP/IP], and then click [New Port].
- Open [Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard] dialog box, click [Next].
- In the [Printer Name or IP Address] box, enter the printer name or IP address, and then click [Next].
- In the [Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard] dialog box, click [Finish].
- Close the printer port dialog box.
- Check the location for the selected printer, and click [Close].
If you create a TCP/IP port without a static IP above, you may lose your TCP/IP connection and have the same issue. This is because your network has powered up differently giving you a different DHCP address to the printer that does not match the TCP/IP address above.
So, these were the issues related to improper functioning or let’s say working issues of discord.