How to Change Aol Email Password?
Today’s topic is related to the AOL email password. So, we will discuss the steps for changing the AOL email password. Steps are mentioned to change the AOL email password are as follows:
- Open the AOL website and sign in to your account. Go to your account information section.
- NOTE: If you have forgotten your password or if you are unable to sign in to your account, click on the Forgot password link on the sign-in page.
- Next, you will need to answer your Account Security Question in order to verify yourself as the rightful owner of the account. In case you don’t remember the answer to the Account Security Question, click on the Forgot Answer option on the Security Question page to reset it.
Make sure to create an answer to the given Account Security Question hard to guess. Try to make a combination of letters and numbers in the answer (just like a password) so that hackers are not able to guess the right answer.
- Then, click Change Password in the Account Security section located on the top-right corner.
- After that, enter your Old Password and then enter your desired New Password. Make sure to make a combination of numbers, letters and special characters (if allowed). The password must be at least eight characters long.
- Click on the Save button to complete the process. So, this is how you can easily change the AOL password for your account.
Change Your AOL Mail Password in iOS
If you use the AOL app to access your AOL mail on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, you can change your password directly in the app.
- Tap the AOL app on your iOS device Home screen.
- Select the Settings to gear in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Privacy dashboard in the Support section.
- Select the Your Account tab.
- Scroll down and tap Your Account. Enter your AOL credentials when prompted to do so.
- Choose Edit Account Info in the Your Account section.
- Tap the 3-horizontal-line menu icon at the top left of the Personal Info screen.
- Select Account Security from the fly-out menu.
- Tap Change password.
- Click on the password field and enter a new password in both fields that request it.
- Tap Continue after you enter the new password.
- A confirmation screen with fields for a recovery email and recovery phone number pops up. Enter them (or not) and tap Looks good or Done to finish.
Recover a Forgotten AOL Password
Someday, an AOL user may need to change/recover his/her AOL password because he/she forgot it. In order to recover the AOL password, follow the steps below:
- Go to AOL. Click the Forgot password link just below the password text field on the sign-in form.
- The next page will ask for the Email/Screen Name and Word In Image for verification. The latter verifies that the user is human and not some computer-operated program.
- The user is provided with two options for password retrieval. Either provide an alternate mail address or date of birth (with gender and zip code). Enter whichever is feasible or known. Click Submit.
- Enter the answer to the secret question. Click Submit.
- Enter and retype the new password for confirmation. Click Submit.
- The password will be changed/updated. Next time, the user can log in with his/her new password.
Here are the tips to Create a New Password
Long passwords are harder to crack than short passwords, but they are also harder to remember. Here are a few tips to choose a new password:
- Use a brief complete sentence you can remember, leaving out the spaces between words.
- Appropriate the first letter of each word of a longer sentence.
- Use two or more numbers or special characters. You can add them at the beginning or end of your sentence or phrase or in the middle if you can remember their placement.
- Keep it relatively simple. If you have to write down your password, you lose a lot of your security.
- Change your password regularly — every three or six months.
- AOL requires at least eight letters in a password and recommends the use of special characters such as !@#% but doesn’t require them.
Even if you use strong passwords and change them periodically, they don’t protect you from keyloggers on your computer or people who peek over your shoulder as you type in your password. Run anti-virus software regularly and be aware of your surroundings when accessing your mail in public settings.
So, these were the steps for changing the AOL email password. So, if you want to change the AOL email password then follow the given above steps.