FIXING UPDATE ERROR CODE 0X80240031 IN WINDOWS 10
0X80240031 IN WINDOWS 10
If you try to update the latest Windows 10 Insider previews. This is only Windows Update error code 0x80240031 so don’t afraid its common issue. Sometimes if you are moving from build version 14342 to 14352 so, then occur this error.
Sometimes it’s occurring when you are trying to download the updates, or when the Windows updates are fully downloaded but they fail to install some reason. Sometime when users are trying to update your computer from Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 to 10 so the error occurs. Now in this article, we give some methods for resolving the error code so read the below tips. So try all these tips one by one and you will see Window Update error 0x80240031 fix.
FIXING UPDATE ERROR CODE 0X80240031 IN WINDOWS 7/8/8.1 & 10
TIPS 1: TROUBLESHOOT YOUR SYSTEM TO FIX 0X80240031 ERROR
- The best methods to resolve this error TROUBLESHOOTING is the best way.
- Use Windows key + X. A dialog will open, and select “control panel.”
- Write “troubleshooter” in the search box and select “troubleshooting”.
- Go to systems and security and Choose “Fix problems with Windows Update.”
Then troubleshooter window will open up and click next, and your system will automatically start scanning and fix all errors.
TIPS 2: RESET WINDOWS UPDATE
Reset your windows update service by prompt command. Before you start, you should uninstall any other third party software and anti-virus software on your computer. And one more thing you should Windows firewall be turned off temporarily during the process.
Like to Read This Also:
Press the Windows key+ F and type command prompt, then command prompt will open. Right-click and click “Run as administrator”. Now you can write below of cold pressing enter after every line of code is complete.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
TIPS 3: FIX DAMAGED FILES
One of the best solutions is You can try to repair any damaged files in your computer that may solve the error code 0x80240031 problem. Open the command prompt as described in method 2. And other options mention below list.
- Write “SFC/scannow” and press enter. Then it will search and taken care of automatically. After complete this process without any warnings, so you can restart your computer.
- If any errors, stop the task, so you can go further and try to fix the computer with Type “dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth” then enter.
I hope above 2 tips will work and proves to be helping in fixing a lot of common errors.
TIPS 4: AUTOMATIC REPAIR TO FIX ERROR CODE 0X80240031
- Windows key + Q. Type “advanced startup options” and press enter.
- The PC settings will open up. Scroll through and find the Advanced startup Click on “Restart now.”
- Then your system will boot to a new window, click on “Troubleshoot” then “advanced options” and lastly select “automatic repair”.
Now, your system will be Rebooted and this time it will start Automatic Repair.
TIPS 5: REFRESH YOUR SYSTEM
- Use Windows key + Q.
- Write “advanced startup options” and select the resulting search. The general category in the PC settings window.
- Select “Refresh your PC without Affecting your Files” and then select “Get started.” And follow the steps.
Get backup your files you begin the process as it will remove any installed software or application. Many a time’s just refreshing PC can fix the problem, issues, and errors on the computer. So you want to try it to fix 0x80240031 errors on your computer too.
TIPS 6: Download Windows ISO
If all tips above do not work so you are trying to update Windows 10, you can download the official Windows 10 and install it.
The issue will occur once the Windows upgrade file is the wrong format. If you’re a member of MSDN, then get your copy from the subscription web site. You’ll additionally use Media creation tool to make the Windows 10 ISO manually. You’ll then install it and see if this helps you to induce rid of the 0x80240031 error.