Fix Windows 10 Product Activation Failed
Todays’ topic mainly deals with the issues related to product activation failed. So, we will move on to the fix. Understand and Fix Windows 10 Product Key Activation failed.
Fix Product Activation Failed Windows 10:
- A Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key cannot be used to activate Windows 10. Windows 10 uses its own unique product key.
- By default, Windows 10 builds are pre-keyed, meaning, you do not have to enter a product key and should not be prompted to enter one, as long as you upgraded from an activated Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 license or Windows 10 Preview build.
- If you perform a clean install on the first attempt, you will have to start over from an activated Windows 7 or Windows 8.x installation.
- If you are prompted to enter a product key, click Do this later and give it a few days, Windows 10 will activate automatically.
- Activation servers might be overwhelmed at times because of the volume of upgrades, so give it some time if you get an error message such as (0XC004E003, 0x8007000D, 0x8007232b, or 0x8007007B.) Windows 10 will eventually activate as long as you upgrade using the appropriate method.
- There is no need to know your Windows 10 product key; see ‘Understanding Product Activation in Windows 10:
Product Activation in Windows 10
In previous Windows releases, when you installed an upgrade version of Windows: if you wanted to reinstall the upgrade version. You had first to reinstall the qualifying version from which you upgraded, reactivate it, then upgrade again and reactivate again.
With Windows 10, this is no longer the case. Once you are upgraded to Windows 10 and activated, you can simply create a bootable copy on DVD or USB. Reinstall just Windows 10 without the need to reinstall the qualifying version, and it will reactivate automatically. Windows 10 registers the device with the Product Activation Center and keeps a copy of your device’s activation in a Cloud Store. When you perform reinstall or clean install the installation checks with Activation Server. Detects the unique installation ID and produce the validation for your device.
Clean Install Using the Free Upgrade
No, it will require that you are running a previous qualifying version and start the upgrade from within the qualifying version. You can initiate a clean install after completing the Upgrade.
Please be aware that you cannot use the free upgrade offer to perform a clean install on the first attempt! You must first upgrade from the qualifying version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 (whether you do it through Windows Update or using the ISO file.) Ensure the upgrade completed successfully and then ensure that activated. Then proceed to do a clean install by using recovery media or using the Reset function in Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC (Get Started.)
What if Windows Product Activation Failed?
If Windows 10 does not activate even after detecting an active Internet Connection, restart and try again. Or wait a few days, and Windows 10 should automatically activate itself.
I downloaded the ISO file, but Windows 10 setup is prompting me for a product key or indicates the product key does not work with this edition.
Note: The copy of Windows 10 you download must correspond with the edition of Windows you are upgrading from.
- Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core must use a Windows 10 Home ISO.
- Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro must use a Windows 10 Pro ISO.
- Your currently installed copy of Windows must be activated. If it is not, you get a pop-up screen to enter a product key.
- If you are using Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8.0 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Enterprise editions you won’t be able to use the free upgrade offer.
Office 365: Use the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant
The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant runs on Windows PCs and can help you identify and fix activation issues with Office 365.
- Select the Download button below.
- Select your browser from the drop-down list to see how to save and then start the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
- The Application Install dialog box opens. Select Install to start the installation.
- The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant opens in a new window. Select I agree to accept the Microsoft Services Agreement.
- Select Yes to allow the app to make changes to your device.
- Follow the prompts to troubleshoot your Office activation issue.
- If Office activation failed, you’ll see Unlicensed Product or Non-commercial use / Unlicensed Product in the title bar of your Office apps, and most features of Office are disabled. To restore all features of Office, you’ll need to fix the problem that’s causing activation to fail.
So, these were the methods and steps to fix the issue of product activation failed.