ERROR CODE 0X8007007B
The Error code 0x8007007B, it comes when you are trying to activate your windows. And the error message is often indicated with a message “The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is wrong.” And you can directly go to the control panel to find how you can activate your windows.
The Error code 0x8007007B also faces when you installing Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 and 2012. The errors 0x8007007b may also come when you use a volume-licensed media to install Windows 7, 8, and 10. The error code also sometimes shows as error 0x8007232b. And you have many tips of you can use to resolve the error. And one thing these tips will work if you have a product key.
HOW TO FIX ERROR CODE 0X8007007B WINDOWS 10
TIPS 1: ACTIVATE WINDOWS VIA PHONE CALL FOR FIX ERROR 0X8007007B
This is a simple process of calling Microsoft for activating Windows. To proceed with activation;
- Open the search menu, click on windows key + F to access the search menu.
- Then, write exe 4 and enter. A new window will open.
- Click OK, then phone activation window will open. Select your country from the drop-down list and then select the phone activation option.
- Now you will show a toll-free number that you can call.
- You will provide you’re an installation ID by the caller on the other side. They will then provide you an activation code.
TIPS 2: ACTIVATE WITH PRODUCT KEY DIALOG
Press Windows + R and type cmd. Right-click on the command prompt software and select open as administrator.
The command prompt will open. Then write “slui 3” in the command window and enter. A new dialog box will open then you can enter the windows product key. You have to restart your computer once the process is completed.
TIPS 3: ACTIVATE VIA THE COMMAND PROMPT
These tips also will believe the product key for fixing error code 0x8007007B.
- Press Windows + R and type cmd. Right-click on the command prompt software and select open as administrator.
- Then, write the following code together with your activation key and then press enter.
slmgr.vbs -ipk <ACTIVATION KEY GOES HERE>
If all process complete, then for your confirmation your product key will be displayed.
Then, type slmgr.vbs -ato and press enter to activate your windows. Now you should restart your computer.
METHOD 4: ACTIVATE WITH PREVIOUS PRODUCT KEY
If you bought new a PC that comes pre-installed already, but you want to Windows upgraded, then you may need to verify the previous activation key. To search out the product key.
- Press the Windows + R. Select on command prompt next, enter the code “wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey” and press enter.
- Your previous product key will be shown. You can use it for activation.
- Then, click on start and select settings. Select the option to update and security, and choose the activation.
- Then select option to change the product key then enter the code that you show a note. Accept the code, now your windows activated without any problem and without any Error 0x8007007b.