Are you facing the same issue your PC is turned on itself even though you definitely shut it down? And no other people can access the computer. Why does it happen? And how to Fix a PC which Turns Itself On?
It happens because of change in settings, maybe your system settings changed. Most of the times you face this issue when the wake on LAN and fast startup settings enabled. Or maybe in settings power the device remotely setting enabled. This option is often enabled to make the remote control sessions of Team Viewer and other similar apps easier. This function can also harm your computer by the unauthorized function. This function makes the device more vulnerable.
Solutions to the issue:
Way 1: to Fix a PC which Turns Itself On
- Open the command prompt on your windows.
- Once it opens, enter powercfg–lastwake command and press Enter button. Now you see the wake-up history. This indicates you what actually boots the computer.
- After this type, the command powercfg-devicequery and then hit the Enter key. It will enumerate all hardware disks, which can wake the PC.
- In order to determine the issue, enter powercfg-devicequery wake_armed command and hit the Enter button.
- After determining the issue, deactivate them via device manager.
Way 2: to Fix a PC which Turns Itself On
As we discussed earlier on Fast start-up function, the option can cause this issue. While booting the OS of the computer, this option reduces the time required by the computer. This function causes many issues. So for resolving the issue disable the function.
- For disabling, the function open Power and Sleep options by clicking the start button and type power and function.
- In this type Additional power settings on above right corner.
- Then navigate to the option Change what power buttons can do.
- After this, the newly open window shows the Fast Startup option disabled by default. For customize the settings, click an option there Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Here in many check mark options, there is a checkmark of fast startup. Now remove the checkmark from this and save the changes.
Way 3: to Fix a PC which Turns Itself On
If your problem is not solved by the above ways, then check that Wake-on-LAN option on your pc is enabled on your pc. You have to disable this function for solving this issue. There are two ways to do this. First For disabling this, first you have to disable the function in BIOS setting. The other option is may be the Wake-On-LAN option hidden under several other options. Load the settings by tapping on F2 or F8 function keys before Windows logo appears.
Disable function through BIOS:
- Open the BIOS settings and navigate to Power or Advanced options. Maybe the option disguised under the name of After AC Power failure. Turn this option to stay off by the use of arrow keys. In many computers, this option is hidden. If in your computer this option is hidden then try the second way, which is given below.
- After this additional functions description will help you to determine the real Wakeup-on-LAN option. Switch the function to disabled and save the changes.
Disable function through Device Manager:
- Open the device manager in the Control Panel.
- After open, the Window, go to Network Adapter. Right click on Intel® (Note that the name of the adapter is different depending on each device) and choose properties
- Here you see the checkmark in Allow this device to wake the computer, remove the checkmark and click OK.
If you face the issue in solving the issue, then you can contact us on our toll-free customer care number. We give you tech support on this issue or any other technical issue with windows. We are from online tech support team.
Call online Windows tech support: 1855-241-6700