Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0X8007042C Show Your Computer.
Way 1: Make sure Windows Services are running your computer (0X8007042C)
- Type Windows Key + R then type “msc” (without space) and select ok.
- After that open a Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
- After that Right-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service then select Properties. Make sure and select Startup type is set to Automatic.
- The above services are stopped, make sure to click on Start under Service Status.
- After that, right-click on Windows Update service and select Restart.
- Click Apply followed by OK and then reboot your PC to save changes.
If you are able to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8007042c, if not then continue with the next method.
Way 2: Rename Software Distribution Folder in Your Computer Folders
- Press Windows Key + X and search Command Prompt then select.
- After that you can type the following commands to stop Windows Update Services and then hit Enter after each one:
Type 1 ) net stop wuauserv
Type 2 ) net stop cryptSvc
Type 3 ) net stop bits
Type 4 ) net stop msiserver
3. After that you can type the following command to rename Software Distribution Folder and then Enter:
Finally, Can type the following command to start Windows Update Services and Enter after each one:
Type 1 ) net start wuauserv
Type 2 ) net start cryptSvc
Type 3 ) net start bits
Type 4 ) net start msiserver
- Reboot your PC to save changes.
Way 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus and Firewall
- First You Can Right-click on the Antivirus Program icon from the system tray and select.
- After that, select the time frame for which the Antivirus will remain disabled.
Note: Choose the smallest time possible for example 15 minutes or 30 minutes.
- When done, again check if the error resolves or not.
- Press Windows Key + I then selectControl Panel. (Only in window 10) and Press Window Key + R after that type control panel.
- After that, click on System and Security.
- Then click on Windows Firewall.
- Now from the left side window panel click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- After that select Turn off Windows Firewall and restart your PC. And see if you’re able to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8007042c.
Our technical expert team is very polite and supportive. They are well qualified and very talented to resolve the issue. if you want any help then connect with our experts with the toll-free number 1-855-241-6700. You can call our technical experts any time when you want. Our online technical support is available 24/7 for your help.