Canon MX490 Printer Setup
Setting the “canon MX490 printer” is not different in windows and the other operating system. It is just a difference between two steps.
Canon MX490 Printer Setup to Computer
- Firstly, you need to download the driver for this open any browser
- Search for “canon printer driver”. You will find “support-in.canon-asia.com/” link, click on it
- In the window, click on “select your device”.
- Take the require printer.
- The example I click on laser printer, then select the product series, model, document type. Basically, select the details of the printer.
- Click on “find” and it will show you different drivers and then choose the required operating system.
- You will get the required type and then click “download”
- Click on “save as a file on desktop”
- Close everything and choose the file on the desktop
- Double click and then click “yes”
- Now select the required bit and then click on “setup”
- Follow the onscreen instructions which are shown on the wizard displayed.
- Now, connect your printer to the laptop through USB or wireless
- Turn on the printer before you do this.
- Again, follow the onscreen instruction to finish the establishment of connections.
- Click “next” and then click “Close”.
- Now, it will automatically install the connection and close the wizard.
This is a simple procedure to set up. But we need to know how to establish a wireless or USB connection of the printer. This method can be used for any operating system of any bit. Like Linux, Windows ..etc. For a wireless connection follow this method:
Setup Canon MX490 Printer with Wireless PC
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Press the Setup button on the printer.
- Use the arrows button to select Wireless LAN setup.
- Press the OK button.
- The printer will automatically search for compatible wireless routers.
- Select the method that matches the screen displayed on your printer.
- If the Push Button Method screen is displayed on the printer but you are unsure if your wireless router supports this technology, press the Stop button.
- The best choice is WPS and here it goes:
- Press and hold the WPS button on the wireless router.
- Press the OK button on the printer within 2 minutes. If not, you have to again repeat the above step.
- When the screen below appears, press the OK button.
- Press the COPY button (A)
- This completes the connection of the printer to the computer.
Canon Printer Support
If you had to do with the USB remember that while doing with the driver wizard click “no” on the wireless connection and connect the USB of the printer to the computer. Ensure the printer is switched on and there is a light blinking. Remember these while the installation of a driver on your computer. If a screen requiring you to allow changes to the computer is displayed, allow the changes. If a Windows Security screen indicating that the publisher of the driver cannot be verified is displayed, allow installation.
When acquiring driver information using the Canon Driver Information Assist Service, if a warning regarding removing Windows Firewall blocking is displayed, remove the block. If you use the installer to install a driver, you can update existing drivers at the same time that you install the new driver. This is how you install safely the canon MX490 printer setup.