8024402C : Windows Update Error Code Fixed
Error code 8024402C is one of Windows OS Error code that you may use while updating the Windows. It is an update-related error. That appears on your computer screen. This error code shows the message that “Windows OS is unable to search for new updates or some updates have not been installed”.
There are so many different reasons behind the 8024402C Windows update error code. But the good news is you can easily fix 8024402C error code issue on your PC. But before checking the solution let us see what are the responsible factors behind this error code which may cause this error code problem.
FACTORS CAUSING ERROR CODE 8024402C
- If your computer connected to a local network, it operates under the management of a Windows Server.
- Invalid settings in your network also cause the problem.
- Poor connectivity either to the Internet or to Windows Server.
- Maybe incorrect proxy settings.
- Corrupted registry files are the big cause of the 8024402C error
- Virus or malware may infect your PC.
- Maybe there is a running program that resists the installation of the Windows Updates.
- Incorrect Windows Firewall settings.
As you see in the above there are so many different reasons behind the problem. So it is not possible to resolve 8024402C Error Code problem only by one method. The solution of the issue depends on the by which cause your PC is affected. So it depends on the computer to computer. Below we mention many different methods to resolve the error code issue.
The below mention several solutions to resolve the problem. These different methods help you to resolve the problem in a very simple and easy way. Here we mention the complete and step by step description of every method. Some methods also require that you stay connected to the Internet.
FIXING ERROR CODE 8024402C IN WINDOWS 10
- Antivirus May Resolve The Error Code 8024402C: The big reason behind the error is virus or malware may infect your PC. You have to remove virus or malware from your PC. Use the present antivirus and full scan your PC. It will scan all files and folders in your PC, detect the infected files, and remove them from your PC.
If you do not use any Antivirus, then buy a powerful and genuine antivirus for your PC. If you want any help in choosing an antivirus which may full-fill all the wants. Then contact to Online Technical Support Number 1-855-241-6700. Here experts will help you to choose a genuine and powerful antivirus for your PC.
- Update Your Windows Troubleshooter: Troubleshooter tool in your Windows, always help you to fix the errors and other different issues. But needs to update to fight with the issues. So you have to run the Windows update troubleshooter to fix the errors by scan, detect and fix the issues with the Windows update.
- Download and Run the Updates of Windows troubleshooter.
- Now open the download and accept the terms and condition license.
- Now click to scan the system, and detects the issue
- It will show some recommendation, remove those files, which it wants to delete.
After the scanning has completed in your PC, restart your computer. And check that the issue is resolved or not. If you are facing same Error Code 8024402C issue, after applying this method, then try the next method.
ADD FIREWALL EXCEPTION:
Windows comes with many security features as like build in Troubleshooter and Firewall. Windows come with the firewall security. This firewall protects your computer from many different issues. It is designed to block any program or installation if the source code is not added to one of the sources accepted by it.
- In the search box, search for “Firewall.cpl” and open the firewall software.
- Here, check that the site is accepted site or not. If the site is not listed then add it to the list.
- After that, restart your PC. And after that try to upgrade the OS and check that are you facing the same error code 8024402C issue or not.
If you facing any issue in applying the method, then contact to Online technical Support Number 1-855-241-6700. Here our experts assist you in the Windows related issue.
Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program:
It is the truth that sometimes these troubleshooting tools also responsible for this type of error code issues. This method is work in these type of issues which cause because of your anti-virus or Firefox program prevents the installation of the updates because of many security reasons. Many times third party Antivirus software may cause error code 8024402C issue.
To resolve the problem disable your antivirus and Firefox program. To disable your Firefox follow the below mention steps:
- Click “Start”
- Here, in the search box, type “Firewall.cpl”, and open the “Windows Firewall”
- Here, turn off the Windows Firewall
- And, then press OK
Configure The Proxy Settings:
If you use different network through a proxy server. Sometimes it is a big reason behind 8024402C error code. To resolve the problem you have to correct the configuration. To fix the issue follow the below mention step by step method:
- Click “Start”, in the search box, type cmd, and then press the “Enter” key.
- When the Command prompt has open on your PC, type a command mention below and after that press “Enter” “netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie”
- Now, in Network Settings disable the proxy, unless you receive a message indicating that there is no proxy server.
This method maybe helps you to resolve the error code 8024402c, but if the issue is not solved yet then CHECK THE BELOW MENTION METHOD.
Check and Configure System Settings
- Open Internet Explorer which is pre-built in Windows.
- Here, at the top of the window click on the “Tools” window.
- Go to the “Internet Options” and then Select the “LAN Settings.”
- Click the “Advanced Options” and in “Exceptions” section, uncheck everything
- Now, Close Internet Explorer and open command prompt.
- Now in the command prompt screen write the below mention commands and hit enter simultaneously. Type every command respectively:
“net stop wuauserv”
“net start wuauserv”
After applying this method completely, your proxy will have cleared. Now try again to install the Windows updates. And check that are you facing the error code 8024402C in your PC.
Error Code 8024402C
- Configure DNS Settings: Windows update error 8024402C also may cause because of incorrect setting of DNS (Domain Name Setting). To solve the problem follow the below mention method:
- Press Windows key and “R” key combined, and open the “Run” in the below left of the screen.
- Here, type “ncpa.cpl” and then hit Enter.
- Now, double-click on the Network Adapter and open its “Properties.”
- Now, click on the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4” and open its properties too.
- Click on the “Use the following DNS server address.”
- Here, type “22.214.171.124” and “126.96.36.199” and then click OK respectively after every command to navigate away from Network Settings.
- At the last, Restart your computer and check whether the error issue is resolved or not.
If the issue is not solved yet, and you want technical help. Then contact to Online Technical Support Number 1-855-241-6700 and get live technical support. Here you get the best and very effective solution of the problem.